PSN sites will gain direct assistance in creating a strategy for seeking, applying for, and managing grants. The grant strategist/SME will:
- Gather information on the site’s grant process from grant identification to grant award administration and implementation.
- Current and pending grant information on grantor, grant project description, grant award date, grant end date, and total grant award.
- Department goals, priorities, public/private funding, current technology, and crime reduction/prevention strategies.
- Create an initial “wish list” as the foundation of the site’s grant strategy.
- Develop a complete grant strategy.
- Identify future funding opportunities from traditional DOJ agencies, other federal resources, and state and private funding opportunities.
After the assessment is complete, the grant strategist/SME will provide continuing, direct TTA through remote and on-site assistance, including strategic guidance to law enforcement executives and technical guidance to grant managers and writers.